PRACTICE NEWS- DECEMBER 2020
We are here for you all!
Martock Dental Practice, as part of health care services, is remaining open and operational to our patients for routine and emergency appointments.
We have made an enormous amount of effort to ensure our practice is COVID secure, safe and fully operational.
At Martock Dental Practice the safety of our staff and patients is paramount and we would like to advise you of some of the following changes-
- Please arrive at your appointment time, a member of the team will greet you at the door where you will be asked to use the hand sanitiser.
- We ask that patients attend the practice on their own unless you are a carer or a parent accompanying a child.
- Please respect social distancing, where possible.
- You shall be asked to leave your belongings in a box within the dental surgery, please bring as little as possible with you. We can not accept liability for your belongings.
- Please be advised we are NOT currently accepting cash payments.
- Please be advised that the patient toilet remains CLOSED.
If you, a family member or someone in your support bubble has confirmed COVID-19 or any of the following symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has the following symptoms, we politely request that you postpone your appointment-
•Fever (a temperature over 37.8 degrees centigrade).
•A new persistent cough.
•Loss of taste and smell.
We would like to say a HUGE thank you to all our patients for your support and understanding over these difficult times.
Our reception team have been working extremely hard to contact and rebook all of our patients that needed to be cancelled during the COVID lockdown phase, if you require an appointment or have not been contacted please do not hesitate to give us a call on 01935 823040 and one of our friendly receptionist will be happy to help you.
Exciting news at Martock
We now have intraoral scanner. This device is used to capture pictures of your mouth to produce a 3D model of your teeth and gums within minutes! From this your Dentist can show you, the health of your gums and teeth and how your teeth could look should you wish to have Orthodontic or restorative treatment.
If you would be interested in having a complimentary scan of your mouth simply call 01935 823040 to book an appointment.
COVID-19 UPDATE FOR PATIENTS AT MARTOCK DENTAL PRACTICE
With the national alert level of COVID-19 brought down to 3, dental practices have been allowed to open from early June. We have opened our doors again from the 11th of June for face to face appointments with patients.
We are now in the process of seeing all those who currently have dental emergencies and those who contacted us during the period of lockdown. We have then been contacting all those who have had outstanding treatment prior to closure.
Our hygienists are back from the 13th of July prioritizing those that would have been due their oral health maintenance appointments during the lockdown phase starting with our patients that have been on our dental plans.
We would like to mention that although we are open, it’s not business as usual still- it has been a very slow start taking in guidance and advice from various authorities, maintaining social distancing at the practice and being extremely cautious about our shielded and vulnerable patients.
Below are some of the means by which we are operating our practice-
– Appointments are by pre booking only
– You will receive a call the day before confirming your COVID-19 status and will be asked to fill in an online medical history form sent via email to you
– Please arrive at your appointment time and a memeber of our team would greet you at the door dressed in PPE
– You will be asked to sanitize your hands as you enter
– You will be asked to sign a short COVID-19 consent form and then led into the surgery
– Based on the type of your appointment the dentist and the nurse will be dressed in appropriate PPE- please be assured that this is in everyone’s best interest
– Once you are done, payments are to be made via the card machine only
– Toilet facilites remain closed
– Waiting room facilites are to be used respecting social distancing measures
Once again, we would like to thank all our patients who have been so patient and loyal with us and a special thank you to all those who have kept paying their monthly plan fees- you have kept us going !
We as a small business ourselves appreciate how difficult these times can be for everyone and so to this effect we are offering a 5% discount on treatments to local business owners and their staff- this is our bit to say we are all in the same boat and we will help in what ever ways we can !
In the meantime, if you or someone you know has a dental emergency that requires our help please do not hesitate to contact us on 01935040823 or via email- firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the most up to date information on COVID-19, please copy and paste the link below-